Bridgeport Hope School is looking for a new Principal
Bridgeport Hope School is a small, K-8th, private, elementary and middle school with around 60 students located in Bridgeport, Connecticut focused on academic excellence, balanced with character development in a diverse, family-oriented setting.
The Bridgeport Hope School Principal of nearly 20 years is stepping down and the school is looking for a new leader. Being a private school in an urban environment presents its own set of challenges and triumphs. Being in existence for over 25 years, the school has built a reputation in the community and often sees former students bringing their children to access the quality education it provides.
- The Principal is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the program. He/she is responsible for overseeing all of the other staff, including but not limited to: hiring, training and terminating, as well as making sure staff files are kept current.
- He/She will show prospective parents the school and be responsible for keeping track of child enrollment information.
- He/She must possess personal qualities to care for and work with children, relate to and supervise staff, and relate to and communicate with parents.
- He/She must have at least 5 years teaching experience, have an undergraduate degree and a Master’s in Education (preferred), and have experience supervising staff.
- All of the other staff are to report to the Principal. In the event the Principal is absent, the Assistant Principal or the Principal’s Designee will be designated as in charge.
- He/She is available to fill in for absent teachers and is responsible for finding qualified substitutes.
- He/She is responsible for planning and implementing the day-to-day educational program of the school.
- Will teach 2 to 3 classes per day (2 to 3 of 4 periods in morning)
- Professional Development
- Opportunities within School
- Oversee Standardized Testing
- Supervise After School Care
- Coordinate Home School Education
- Resolve Discipline Issues, Medical Emergencies
- Oversee Grant Applications such as CDBG, Lighthouse, etc.
- Work toward Connecticut Association of Independent Schools Guidelines
- Prepare Internal School-Year Calendar (i.e. Harvest Fest Permit, etc.)
- Oversee Budgeting Prep (with Administrative Assistant help)
- Review Payroll Report
- Approve Ordering Classroom Materials
- Work with Children’s Educational Opportunity (CEO) regarding grants
- Approve major expenditures
Please submit your resume and questions to: