UTS Offers Apologetics Course
Apologetics: 5 Lessons about Our Faith that Will Arm You Against the Harshest Critic
Questions—They will come. They can’t be avoided.
Questions will come from the 17 year old who grew up in your congregation and is now trying to identify exactly what they believe. They will come from the barista who is asking about the meaning of the ring on your right hand, and they will come from your neighbor, once the small talk about the weather has subsided.
How will you respond when the questions come? Will you sound defensive, jumbled, and incoherent, or calm, clear and open? How you respond can open the doors to deep conversations and illuminating new understandings for everyone involved. You can be prepared to answer them and share your life and faith with others.
The Unification Theological Seminary’s next course on Unification Apologetics will help prepare you for these future conversations. Dr. Tyler Hendricks has prepared a 5 week course which is designed to help you speak to and defend your faith.
This course is perfect for pastors, youth leaders, students, tribal messiahs, and anyone who wants to understand how to more clearly speak to their faith, traditions, and founders.
apol·o·gist, noun: a person who defends or supports something (such as a religion, cause, or organization) that is being criticized or attacked by other people, respecting their perspective, learning from it, and answering in their language.
- Understand and appreciate the arguments and positions of those who don’t agree with the Unification faith.
- Improve your ability to explain your faith and respond to questions and arguments
- Learn to create your own apologetic points
- Gain confidence in your ability to share and illustrate your beliefs to others.
- Handle the tough questions more effectively
- Learn Divine Principle perspectives essential to apologetics
- Learn science and common sense-based apologetics
- Learn Biblical based apologetics
- Learn morality based apologetics
- The course fee for Unification Apologetics is $165.00 plus a $25 registration fee.
Dr. Tyler Hendricks will be offering two classes: the first will begin on Tuesday, June 23, 2015. The second will begin Thursday, June 25 2015.
- Tuesday classes are from 8:00pm-10:00pm ET
- Thursday classes are from 3:00pm-5:00pm ET
- Registration deadline is Sunday June 21, 2015
- The course syllabus will be sent to you in the welcome package
If you have any questions about this course, or the application process, please contact email@example.com.