Sign Up to Support Next Phase of Honduras Peace Park
Contributed by Carol Pobanz
If you are looking for a meaningful way to spend your summer break, consider coming to Honduras to help create a peace park. The goal of the project is to create awareness for the need for a united community across the Americas. This is a project to foster friendship, collaboration and solidarity with the peoples of the Americas as we strive to develop a Culture of Peace.
This August 2018 project will continue to make improvements to the El Way Peace Park that was started in January and August 2017. We are working together with the local city government to build this park, and model a community of cooperation.
During the project, we will:
- Continue construction of a gazebo that will service as a community gathering point
- Refurbish concrete benches and structures with ceramic mosaics
- Landscape the lawn and garden areas
- Hold a community gathering to celebrate our friendship and cooperation
- Visit local cultural and tourist attractions
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to share in a culture different than their own and use creative problem solving while working in teams with volunteers from North, Central and South America.
Please submit your application by July 1, 2018 as space in limited. Apply.
Participants are responsible for a $500 fee in addition to their flight to San Pedro Sula, Honduras.