Desktop Support Technician Position Available!
Do you have a degree in IT or Computer Science field? Are you a well-organized problem solver? FFWPU Headquarters is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to provide technical help and troubleshooting for HQ staff. Other responsibilities can include work with HQ media team on events and programs.
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Job Location: Family Fed HQ - NYC
Job Type: Full Time
The Desktop Support Technician works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the organization to support incidents, problems and requests. He/She is responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and for explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
POSITION SUMMARY :
- Full-time 40 hours per week (9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, hours may be flexible), occasionally requires evening or weekend hours
- No travel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and install PCs, oversee telephone system, wireless network and peripheral devices (printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure in accordance with department standards.
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines.
- Assist Senior leaders as needed.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents.
- Maintain installed PCs, network, phone system and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems.
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Update and maintain computer inventory and surplus equipment
- Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for computing environment.
- Interact with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Create and maintain reports for IT Manager.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Two years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent customer service in face-to-face, telephone or electronic interaction with clients
- Good language and communications skills, problem-solving,
- Relevant certifications such as Microsoft/CompTIA and Cisco
- Good understanding of computer support and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 10, Mac OSX, Windows Server products, Linus and/or Apple Operating Systems
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment