Blessing & Family Ministry Director
The Blessing & Family Ministry is ground zero for what matters most — the continued development and support of happy, healthy families!
Come Join the Blessing & Family Ministry in raising and guiding our blessed families, the heart of our movement.
Job Title: BFM Director
Job Location: Family Fed HQ - NYC
Job Type: Full Time
Care for members of FFWPU North America by leading and managing a team of paid and volunteer staff that offers Matching tools and support, Blessed Marriage enrichment and healing resources, and family and crisis care support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the national BFM team (Assistant Director, Community Liaison, Traditions Specialist, Matching Supporter Coordinators, Project Coordinator, Administrative Assistants, consultants, and volunteers)
- Recruit and support the training and development of BFM coordinators and facilitate communication and resource sharing among the different BFM teams nationwide
- Develop and conduct training programs for pastors, BFM coordinators, and matching supporters
- Identify areas for development within the ministry and either personally contribute to or recruit consultants for projects and programs, and coordinate their efforts
- Coordinate the efforts of the BFM team with those of the other teams within the Ministry Group (Witnessing, Education, Youth and Young Adult Ministry, Public Relations and Media)
- Supervise and manage the Blessing program in Korea for North American couples
- Respond to personal and family crises support requests and offer official BFD guidelines and make referrals to appropriate resources and personnel
- Lead/emcee and give presentations at BFM programs as needed
- Maintain good working relationships with International BFD and BFD personnel of other nations
- Bachelor’s degree, social sciences preferred (sociology, psychology, social work, human services)
- Experience with administrative practices and procedures required; budgeting experience preferred
- At least 5 years’ volunteer or paid FFWPU Ministry experience
- Married for at least five years; understands the doctrine, guidelines, and policies of the Blessing within Unificationist teachings and traditions.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media
- Supervisory responsibility of entire BFM staff
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL
- Cares and is committed to the work of the BFM
- Passionate about supporting healthy and loving relationships between spouses and parents and children
- Empathetic to the needs and concerns of others
- Compassionate to the challenging situations faced by Blessed Family members
- Good at identifying and raising the talent and abilities of others
- Capable of engaging and managing volunteers
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong level of self-awareness and commitment to personal internal growth
- Excellent at active listening
- Confident facilitating meetings and assigning tasks to others
- Effective public speaker
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
All interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Alexa Sensini at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Job applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States. The Unification Church cannot help you get a work visa.