Boston Family Church Seeks Full Time Pastor
Job Title: Pastor
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full Time
The Boston Family Church has been active since 1976. Our community consists of approximately 40 Blessed Families and a large number of college and graduate school students and young adults. The Pastor is supported by an elected local Council with input from the local community. Church ministries include Sunday service, Sunday school, youth ministry, young adult ministry, and evangelism.
The annual church budget of the Boston Family Church is approximately $300,000, primarily funded by rental income and tithing from members. Primary uses of funds are operating the church building at 46 Beacon Street, personnel costs and ministry expenses.
The broader Unification community of Boston includes a large number of college and graduate students and young professionals. Through this hiring, the local council seeks to improve the ability of the church to actively engage, serve and grow this segment of the community.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Convey God’s word to the congregation.
- Oversee the spiritual well-being of the local church members. This may include education, counseling, worship services, small group ministries, camps, etc.
- Build, support and mentor Ministry Team to provide best service to the community.
- Promote church growth; support development of Tribal Messiahship as a top priority.
- Encourage service to the local community
- Act as point of contact with the National Headquarters of the FFWPU.
- Prepare local church plans in partnership with the council.
- Oversee local church administration- hiring and oversight of church staff, church records, membership lists, etc.
- Participate as a member of the church Council with the special position of spiritual advisor. The pastor has the privilege of casting a tie-breaking vote if necessary.
- Operate within the budget approved by the Church Council
- Administer pastoral functions such as those related to birth, membership, Il Shim education, engagement, marriage blessing and death.
Term Three years (selected by Local Council and approved by National President) Term can be renewed or extended
Travel Occasional, determined by community’s need
Dedicated faith, having received True Parents’ marriage blessing
Extensive experience in teaching Divine Principle
Exemplary family life and life of faith, including tithing
A minimum of 2 years prior experience in ministry activism and leadership (paid or volunteer)
Demonstrated ability to deliver meaningful Sunday messages based upon True Father’s teachings
A heart to serve and care for blessed families
Commitment to the continuous study and teaching of God’s word (DP, Eight Textbooks, Father’s Words).
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
College graduate and formal ministry education/training
STF, GPA, NGA graduate
Demonstrated leadership skills
Character qualities of personal integrity, enthusiasm, warmth, self-control, compassion and humility
(The council conducts an annual review of the pastor’s performance for the sake of improvement and communication)
Benefits & Compensation based on full time commitment
Salary is commensurate with experience and availability. The salary for an amply experienced and qualified full time person would be $2500 per month plus free residency at the church building, or an additonal $1500 per month if the pastor chooses to live in separate home.
Health insurance (90% of the premium paid by church), dental insurance, life insurance and 403b retirement plan available.
How to reply:
Email your resume plus 2 recommendation letters to David Stadelhofer: firstname.lastname@example.org . For questions call 617-839-5086.