Family Church of Alabama is seeking a Pastor!
Job Title: Family Church of Alabama -Pastor
Job Location: The greater Mobile, ALABAMA area --Irvington, Grand Bay and Bayou la Batre
Job Type: Part Time
The Family Church of South Alabama serves the greater Mobile area including Irvington, Grand Bay and Bayou la Batre. We are looking for a passionate person to fill the role of pastor; someone who feels called to minister and has ideas about growing a church.
Our community consists of approximately 20 families, which has grown over the past several years with the addition of 10 young couples, of varying degrees of involvement. God and True Parents have blessed South Alabama abundantly over the years, beyond our large church grounds and beautiful church facility, we also have one church-related businesses in the area and a holy ground site. On a community level we have a rich interfaith foundation, and ties with a number of civic organizations.
As this paragraph only briefly begins to describe the history, resources and expectations of our community we look forward to engaging in discussion with any candidates!
Submit the following documents as attachments to an email
- Cover letter
- One (1) letters of recommendation
To apply, or for any questions or inquiries, please email: email@example.com
- Blessed Couple/Family
- College and/or Seminary Graduate
- At least 1 year experience leading a UC Ministry or community
*As you read through the document, if you feel called to the position but you also feel that you are not yet qualified in some way, please keep this thought in mind. We are open to the possibility of someone “growing into” the position and we encourage you to apply!
Job Description for – Pastor of the Family Church of Alabama
The Pastor is responsible for conveying God’s word to the congregation, overseeing the spiritual well being of members, promoting church growth through outreach and witnessing, and encouraging service to and involvement in the local community.
- The Pastors primary role is to serve as the spiritual leader and guide for the community members. They will be responsible for the presentation and/or coordination of weekly Sunday Services.
- The Pastor strives to develop and raise awareness about the Blessing, Family Values, Divine Principle, and the need for Interfaith Cooperation through direct involvement in the local community.
- The Pastor will delegate leadership responsibilities to congregation member as is necessary for growth and development.
- The Pastor with inherit and develop working relationships with community and faith based organizations.
- The Pastor will present plans for church growth and expansion
- The Pastor will adopt and implement programs designed to raise and empower young members and guests – particularly towards the Blessing
- The Pastor is responsible to attend monthly council meetings, weekly district conference calls, and communicate with the local community via regular emails.
- The Pastor is expected to perform Holy Day services, home visitation, weddings, death and funeral services, and to be involved with small groups.
- At this time we are offering a salary commensurate with experience, up to $2100 monthly. Compensation does not include parsonage (housing).