FFWPU is Seeking Director of Development
Job Title: Director of Development
Job Location: New York City
Job Type: Full Time
Family Federation for World Peace and Unification (FFWPU) is seeking an experienced professional in the new position of Director of Development. Our organization, headquartered in New York City and spread throughout local communities across America, is an organization that is proud of its tradition and is preparing for a future of growth, crossing barriers of culture, race and religion to build God's kingdom!
Under the direction of the President, the Director of Development is responsible for managing and increasing funding from individuals and friends of the Unification community in support of the mission and vision of FFWPU. This position is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction in educating and inspiring individuals to give, researching and implementing fund raising software, and maintaining an active donor recognition and stewardship program.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves communicating with and connecting individuals to a great cause and understands how to successfully grow, build and develop a group of committed donors. The ideal candidate understands our organization and wants to use his/her financial development skills to make a positive impact on the local community and the larger Movement. See below for the detailed job description and share with family or friends of the Movement.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Director of Development is the chief fundraising staff member of HSA-UWC / FFWPU and provides leadership, strategic direction and coordination for fundraising efforts and initiatives, including but not limited to regular monthly giving, capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving. This position manages and oversees the use of fund raising software, analyzes and reports data, and participates in the design and execution of special events.
The Director of Development maintains an active donor recognition and stewardship program to assure accountability and extend relationships with funders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Planning
- Work with President and CFO to create a comprehensive development plan for the cultivation and solicitation of support from individuals within the Unification community.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for philanthropy and stewardship education. Work with senior leadership and ministry leadership to communicate a vision of high-quality and responsible stewardship as an integral part of all district and church service;
- Participate in planning and executing special events, including donor recognition opportunities with staff, including volunteers.
- Engage pastors and community leaders in district and church wide efforts, specifically around Holy Day and other special appeals.
Research, Cultivation and Solicitation
- Research prospects and establish priorities for solicitation
- Manage and execute strategies for cultivating and soliciting donations
- Either directly, or in conjunction with executive and senior leadership, maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Implement plans for maintaining a large base of smaller, annual individual donors.
- Work to raise the giving level s of all donors.
- Recruit, train, manage, supervise and acknowledge volunteers to assist with development projects.
- Assure that databases are properly managed and current. Identify and recommend fund raising software.
- Monitor all donor information and provide statistical analyses for Board and executive team
Stewardship and Reporting
- Develop and implement a stewardship program to recognize philanthropy, assure accountability to supporters, and cultivate deeper ties with donors. Advise churches on doing the same.
- Provide samples of member communications and educational resources in culturally appropriate styles in the principal languages used in Sunday services
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of development programs. Report use of funds and impact of gifts to all donors and advise churches on how to do the same.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BA degree, advanced degree preferred. Three to five years of demonstrated development experience.
- Significant knowledge of different forms and mechanisms of giving/funding in the voluntary/charitable sector and a knowledge of best practice guidance in giving/fundraising
- Proven ability to work with people of faith at all economic levels
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors, corporations and foundations
- Significant record of realizing major or planned gifts; working knowledge of planned giving investments; and ability to inspire confidence among donor prospects. Understanding of campaign fundraising is preferred.
- Highly developed inter-personal skills, with the capacity to inspire truest in people from a wide a variety of backgrounds, including clergy
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills
- Highly developed organization, strategic planning and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- A solid knowledge, understanding and appreciation of FFWPU and its teaching and culture is preferred
Recruit, train, manage, supervise and acknowledge staff and volunteers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands or arms; talk and hear.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send your resume to the Director of Human Resources, Susan Bouachri, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 21st. For further information, please contact Susan at 914-373-0169
This is a full-time, exempt position working 40+ hours from 9am to 6pm, Monday through Friday, located in Midtown, Manhattan. Once hired, employees are eligible for benefits after the three month trial period.