Science Foundation Seeks An Assistant Director of Research
Job Title: Assistant Director of Research, HJIFUS
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Full Time
This position is with the Hyo Jeong International Foundation for the Unity of the Sciences (HJIFUS – sponsor of International Conference on the Unity of the Sciences, ICUS).
HJIFUS will have its world headquarters office in Korea, its world legal office in Washington, D.C., and regional offices in Europe and Japan. This job offer is for a position based in Washington, DC.
HJIFUS exists based on the history and foundation of the International Conference on the Unity of the Sciences (ICUS), with its 28 year active history, including 22 major international conferences (1972 – 2000, ICUS I – ICUS XXII). ICUS was reinstated in 2017 with ICUS XXIII, February 4 – 6, in Seoul, Korea, introducing at this time its strong current emphasis on the role of science in the restoration and care of earth’s environment, thus protecting the future of human life.
- HJIFUS seeks an experienced or aspiring professional with a background in science, to be the Assistant Director of Research at the US, HJIFUS office. The US office coordinates with Korean World Headquarters and with other worldwide offices to realize HJIFUS' mission and projects in all English speaking and Western countries.
- HJIFUS has 5 areas: 1. Finding and researching situations and trends in advanced scientific theory, technologies, and their applications worldwide to protect earth’s environment. This includes research into scientists, scientist groups and associations, national governments, and international organizations working to protect and purify earth’s environment, 2. Applying viable theories and technologies into industry, 3. Advancing and establishing policy proposals based on sound theory and research in national governments, and international organizations, 4. Supporting academic conferences (including ICUS), and 5. Publishing and media.
- The Assistant Director of Research will be central to the emergence and development of this vital providence to renew and expand the original ICUS vision, now dedicated to recovering earth’s pristine environment, and recreating ideal, original conditions of earth's environment, thus supporting and protecting human life and purpose.
POSITION SUMMARY :
- HJIFUS Assistant Director of Research provides partnership, consultation, and administrative support to HJIFUS, International, and U.S. leadership.
- Provides scientific research and knowledge to evaluate and assess theories, technologies, applications, and proposals under consideration by the Foundation.
- This is a full-time, position working 40 hours, Monday through Friday, located in the Washington, D.C. area. Once hired, employees are eligible for benefits after the three month trial period.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
- Candidates must have a degree in an area of science including life sciences and physical sciences such as physics, chemistry, biology, medical science, geology, earth science etc. The best qualified candidate has a Masters level degree or higher.
- Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend advanced scientific theories, technologies, and their applications which will help protect earth’s environment and restore the damaged nature.
- Ability to communicate and report findings and recommendations efficiently, clearly, and punctually
- Command basic office and computer skills necessary for skilled research, for writing, editing, and for document management and organization of the projects under your responsibility.
- Communicate effectively both in written and in live environments with prominent and established science professionals.
- Collaborate on new initiatives, including planning content, and practical and logistic elements for ICUS conferences. Be available for international travel and time away during events.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Prefer a Masters degree or higher in a physical science or life science discipline
- Experience in public, professional outreach
- Confidence and ability to work with high level professionals
- Knowledge of basic computer programs for research, basic data and information management, and communications
- Adequate written, verbal and public speaking skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information, and professional demeanor
Please send your resume to Dr. Frank Kaufmann, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 646 220 8281