Kodiak Alaska is looking for a Pastor
Are you inspired by nature? Do you feel called to bring healing and God-experience to others? If so, Kodiak could be the place for you. We have a healthy sized community here with a wide demographic made up of older members, young families, and Japanese families aged right in between. We are seeking a pastor to take on the role of shepherd and guide to our community and help us grow closer to God! The island of Kodiak is a very special place and the opportunities to impact the greater community are many but we have learned that we need to build from the inside- out, and we need someone to lead us in that. We are looking for someone who is looking to the future, who can jazz up the traditional services and events to create relevant and meaningful experiences for every age.
Job Title: Pastor
Job Location: 1936 Selief, Kodiak, Alaska
Job Type: Part Time
- Preparing a meaningful spiritual message for every Sunday based on personal experience, scripture and current events
- Being the organizational head for other ministries including music ministry, youth ministry, Sunday school, outreach and small groups.
- Personally heading up in-reach. We especially are interested in bringing in folks who have left the church community into a closer ring of fellowship and support.
- Every year the national ocean challenge program is hosted in Kodiak, and there is an increasing desire to Involve more of the local community and better utilize the boats and property we have here.
- Connect our local congregation to the heart of True Parents and the mainstream movement through updates and occasional trips to larger events.
- An active and personal relationship with God
- An ability to value people and appreciate them
- An ability to manage people (please outline experience)
- Public speaking ability (please outline experience)
- Theological knowledge base in the Divine Principle & the Bible and other religions.
- A curiosity and love for life
- Bonus if you are seaworthy and love to fish!
Your salary as the pastor would be $1,000 a month, or $12,000 annually in addition to accommodations of living at one of the church buildings and having utility expenses covered (Since living expenses in Kodiak are higher than most, this saves $1,500 - $2,000/month).
There are also opportunities for growth in salary that can be discussed. Our hope is that as the community strengthens this could be reviewed annually and be increased.
Please submit a video of yourself explaining your interest in the position and what you could offer to Kodiak. In addition, please submit your resume and two letters of recommendation. The application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Kodiak Family Church is looking for a pastor that can commit to a term of at least a year, preferably longer. We will be reviewing applications and possibilities until the end of February 28th, 2019 at which point we hope to conclude our search.
*Job applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States. The Unification Church cannot help you get a work visa