Master Marine Inc seeking a Full-Time Financial Controller
Located in the beautiful community of Bayou La Batre, Alabama, Master Marine, Inc. is looking to hire an experienced Financial Controller.
The Controller is responsible for directing overall accounting policies, practices, reporting, and financial regulatory compliance at Master Marine, Inc. shipyard. This position oversees and directly supervises all financial functions, including general accounting activities (e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations), financial budget/financial forecasts, business performance analysis and reporting, annual financial review by an independent CPA firm, tax and regulatory tax compliance reporting. The Controller reports directly to the President.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Location: Bayou La Batre, Alabama
Job Type: Full Time
|Company:||Master Marine, Inc||Job Type:||Finance, Administration|
|Location||Bayou La Batre, Alabama||Job Status:||Exempt|
|Base Pay:||Commensurate with experience||Req' Education:||BA/BS|
|Employee Type:||Full - Time Employee||Req' Certification|
|Industry||Shipbuilding & Ship repair||Req'd Experience||10 Years|
|Reports To:||President||Req'd Travel:||None foreseen|
|Manages Others:||Yes, Office Manager/Bookkeeper||Relocation Covered:||Negotiable|
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (in alphabetical order):
- Audit/Tax: Coordinate and assist the Company’s auditors with the annual audit/review.The supervision of all matters relating to corporate taxation, including direct coordination with the company’s outside CPA firm.
- Budgeting: Coordination of the annual budgeting process, including maintenance of the company budget, and the transfer of final budget information into the financial statements.
- Controls Systems: The establishment and maintenance of a sufficiently broad set of controls to give management assurance that transactions are processed properly in an accurate and timely manner.
- Financial Analysis: The periodic comparison of actual to budgeted/prior-year results and the communication of variances to management, along with recommendations for improvement. The continuing review of revenue and expense trends and the
communication of adverse trend results to management, along with recommendation for improvement. The periodic compilation of business cycle forecasting statistics and the communication of this information to management, along with predictions related to the impact on company operations. The periodic calculation of a standard set of ratios for corporate financial performance and the formulation of management recommendations
based on the results.
- Financial Statements: The preparation of all periodic financial statements, as well as their accompanying comments or footnotes. The preparation of an interpretive analysis of the financial statements. The preparation and distribution of recurring and one-time management reports and advice to management on key financial decisions.
- Fixed Assets: The annual audit of fixed assets to ensure that all recorded assets are present. The periodic recording of fixed assets in the financial records and their proper recording under the correct asset categories and depreciation methods. The proper
analysis of all capital expenditure requests.
- Payroll: The preparation for payroll processing by a third-party (Paychex) related to weekly salaries and wages. The maintenance of paid time off accruals records in accordance with the Company’s benefit policies.
- Policies and Procedures: The creation and maintenance of all policies and procedures related to the control of company assets and the proper completion of financial transactions. The training of company employees in the awareness of accounting policies
and use of procedures. The modification of existing policies and procedures to match the requirements of government regulations.
- Process Analysis: The periodic review of all processes involving financial analysis, to see if they can be completed with better controls, lower costs, or greater speed.
- Record Keeping: The proper indexing, storage, and retrieval of all accounting documents, including payroll records. The orderly planning for and scheduling of document destruction, in accordance with company retention policy and government
- Transaction Processing: The supervision and timely completion of all accounting transactions at the intervals and in the manner specified in the accounting policies and procedures manual. The proper completion of all transaction in accordance with the terms of all authorized contracts. The proper approval of those transactions requiring approval, in accordance with company policy.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience):
- Education: This position requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting. Professional certification a plus: CPA or CMA. Current proficiency in US GAAP, federal and state corporate regulations. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience: This position requires a minimum of ten years of progressively more responsible financial management and operations experience, with at least 4 years in a financial leadership role.
- High Ethical Standards
To apply or ask questions, contact Randy Orr at 251-824-4151 ext. 110 or r.orr@MasterMarineInc.com.
To visit their website click here.