Minnesota Family Church is Seeking a Full-time Pastor
The Minnesota Family Church has recently built a new church facility from the ground up and is seeking a full-time pastor who feels called by God, is sincere, prayerful, competent, and can harmonize with our members, and other local and national leadership. The pastor should carry out their duties centered on True Parent’s vision of an ideal world and develop the local church community as a growing church.
Job Title: Pastor
Job Location: 3836 Stinson Blvd, Columbia Heights MN 55421
Job Type: Full Time
The Pastor is responsible for conveying God’s word to the congregation, overseeing the spiritual wellbeing of Minnesota Family Church members, promoting church growth through outreach and witnessing, and encouraging service and involvement in the local community. The Pastor participates as a member of the Minnesota Church Council with the special position of spiritual advisor. In addition, the Pastor oversees the church office and administration and reports to the District Pastor.
Responsibilities of the Local Pastor:
1. Church Community
- Serve as a spiritual leader for the community.
- Give weekly, bi-weekly or monthly sermons and work with the Sunday Service committee to develop other participatory worship service strategies.
- Create an inviting service experience for new members.
- Oversee spiritual well-being of the members through various educational and supportive activities utilizing resources within and outside the community.
- Encourage and understand the small group model for ministries.
- Understand the developing needs of the Minnesota community and address them with the help of the established infrastructure.
- Work with existing youth leadership to help develop and lead a focused effort to engage the younger members of the community; seeking their input and raising the level of their ownership of their local church community.
2) Outreach / Local Community
- Help develop and lead an energetic evangelizing effort to increase the membership of the local church.
- Develop and raise awareness about True Family Values, Divine Principle and the need for Interfaith cooperation through being involved in the local community.
- Develop working relationships with community and faith-based organizations.
- Facilitate and encourage development of new outreach activities such as the use of social media or other innovative ideas.
- Promote team-building approaches and activities. The pastor shares, encourages and delegates leadership responsibilities to the diverse and capable people in the congregation.
- Work with the Local Council to oversee all Committees to plan and execute goals.
- Communicate information to and from the District Pastor and National Church leadership.
4) Strategic Planning
- Plan for implementation of providential directives including “Vision 2020”.
- Plan for Minnesota Family Church’s growth and expansion.
- Plan to empower youth and young adults.
1) Minimum requirements
- Legally eligible to work in USA
- High School graduate, GED or equivalent
- Fluency in the English language
- A Church member in good standing, and capable of teaching Divine Principle
2) Preferred qualifications
- Participated in the Holy Blessing ceremony of the Unification Church
- College and/or Seminary graduate
- Computer, communication, presentation and management skills
- Previous experiences in church ministries as a pastor or in a leadership role, paid or volunteer.
Note: Candidates who do not have actual pastoral experience may be considered for mentoring support. This will be at the Council’s sole discretion.
1) Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed with the intent to fill this position ASAP, or a date as negotiated with the Minnesota Church Council. Applicants may be asked to come to Minneapolis from this time forward to interview and give a sermon to the congregation.
Submit the following documents as attachments.
- Cover letter
- 2 Letters of Recommendation are requested
Send to: District Pastor, Rev. Hyungtae Ha (firstname.lastname@example.org)