Omaha Family Church Seeking a Part-Time Pastor
Job Title: Pastor
Job Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Job Type: Part Time
The Omaha Family Church is actively seeking a part-time pastor with a full time heart. Desired attributes and qualities include, but are not restricted to: sincerity, a healthy life of faith, patience and an abundance of love. The Omaha Family Church is a small close-knit community, where all members care for one another and as a team, are fully involved in bettering and growing the community.
Every church community is different from one-another, and the Omaha Family Church is no exception. With its roots and development as unique as any other, the church is seeking a candidate that will be willing and able to be immersed into a dynamic environment with members at various stages in their spiritual life and at different levels of faith.
Gaining strengths from such spiritual diversity, the candidate will be asked to help care for and uplift the spiritual well-being of all members of our community and help lead the Omaha Family Church on the road to Vision 2020 and beyond.
*Housing in a parsonage next door to the church will be provided.
*The current Pastors will continue to be involved as Mentors / Supporters for whoever takes this role.
The Lead Pastor of Omaha Family Church will be responsible to:
- provide sermons for Sunday service – and to help, delegate church members as speakers for Sunday service
- organize a Sunday service ministry team – improve upon the present environment of Sunday sermons, which is a dynamic between the face of the church for visiting non-members and the body of the church which lies in its history, tradition, love and faith;
- diplomatic sensitivity – help to break down barriers between generations, life-styles, and members at varying stages in faith, in spiritual life, and in understanding the Unification Church;
- “inreach” (outreach within the church) – pastor would practice individual visits, time set aside to visit families, socialize, develop personal connection between pastor and members outside of service
- develop communication between families – have gatherings/events within the community outside of Sunday service to promote cross family ties
- communicate and collaborate with the council – have complete transparency in order to maintain and develop trust between members and church
- communicate beyond Omaha – coordinate with and represent the members of Omaha Family Church to the District Pastor and the National Headquarters of the Family Federation for World Peace, as well as maintain a cooperative relationship with the pastors in District 8.
Please submit your application as soon as you can, and no later than ************. To apply, submit the following documents as attachments in an email to:
- Cover letter
- Letters of recommendation
Please send any questions to the same e-mail address.