Opening for HR Manager
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full Time
The Human Resources Manager is instrumental in helping FFWPU achieve its Vision 2020 goal of attaining 50% leadership under the age of 40. This is done through planning and strategy to position FFWPU as a meaningful and rewarding organization to work with. He / She will network to promote and fill job and internship postings and assist with all aspects of hiring, including recruitment, interviewing and onboarding, as well as succession planning. In addition, the Human Resources Manager oversees benefits management and administration, and occasional training meetings.
The best candidates will have strong networking skills as well as some administrative experience and preferably, at least an exposure to Human Resources work. The job offers opportunities for continued training, and skills development. Full benefits are offered after 3 months. For a copy of the full job description or to submit your resume, contact Susan Bouachri at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-373-0169.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with HR Director on workforce issues and planning, giving attention to the field and development of HR strategy within the Subregions
- Administration of group health, dental and life insurance plans, 403(b) retirement plan, COBRA, PFL and FMLA plans; support HR Director with annual renewal of benefit plans
- Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with department managers and all other employees
- Responsible for records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations
- Supervises job posting and recruitment efforts, interviewing and onboarding for FFWPU
- Consults with and advises managers on a wide variety of sensitive personnel issues (e.g. discipline, hiring, promotions, return to work, etc.)
- Recommends policies, procedures and /or actions for the purpose of providing direction for meeting organizational goals and objectives
- Assist with employee relations issues as they arise
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BA / BS degree
- 2-5 years progressive HR experience preferred
- Experienced networker
- Skilled in written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal and State codes, policies, regulations and/or basic employment law
- Able to seek and recognize opportunity; creative problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict mediation skills
VALUED, BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR / SPHR, or SHRM-SCP Certification
- Prior work experience with a non-profit
- Experience in public speaking or training experience
- Summer intern
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands or arms; talk and hear.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.