Portland is looking for a new Pastor
Do you feel called to bring God-experience to others? If so, Portland could be the place for you. We are in the Northwest, away from the hustle and bustle of busy big city life. We are a small-sized community with a wide demographic made up of older members and some young families. We are seeking a pastor inspired to do God’s work and His will and to guide members in the Tribal Messiahship mission and guide our community to become closer to God! The applicant must be involved and inspired to support True Mother.
Job Title: Pastor
Job Location: Portland, Oregan
Job Type: Part Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Convey God’s word to the congregation (giving Sunday Service)
- Oversee the spiritual well-being of the local church members. This may include education, counseling, worship services, small group ministries, camps, etc.
- Build, support and mentor Ministry Team to provide the best service to the community.
- Promote church growth; support the development of Tribal Messiahship as a top priority.
- Encourage service to the local community
- Act as point of contact with the Sub-Region Headquarters of the FFWPU.
- Prepare local church plans in partnership with the council.
- Oversee local church administration- hiring and oversight of church staff, church records, membership lists, etc.
- Participate as a member of the church Council with the special position of spiritual advisor. The pastor has the privilege of casting a tie-breaking vote if necessary.
- Operate within the budget approved by the Church Council
- Administer pastoral functions such as those related to birth, membership, Il Shim education, engagement, marriage blessing, and death.
- EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree
- UTS M.Div. degree is preferred. Participation in continuous education is required.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3 years' experience as a ministry leader (paid or volunteer)
- Team-building and delegation skills, with the ability to work effectively in team environments.
- Ministerial/counseling skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Management experience, including personnel and financial.
- Experience and confidence in communicating effectively with diverse groups of people beyond church members.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Online communication skills (e-mail, file, sharing, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
- Sermon writing Divine Principle Educator
The salary as the pastor would be $1,200 a month, plus accommodations, room and having utility expenses covered, such as electric, water living expenses. Family expenses, such as food, gas, vehicle, insurance, cell phone, etc are not covered. Actual details can be worked out. This is for a full-time position. Part-time will be negotiated separately.
There is no moving expense covered.
There are also opportunities for growth in salary that can be discussed. Our hope is that the community strengthens this be reviewed annually and be increased.
Please submit a resume and explaining your interest in the position and what you could offer to Portland. In addition, please two letters of recommendation. The application can be emailed to Terry Nishikawa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland Family Church is looking for a pastor that can commit to a term of at least three years, preferably longer. We will be reviewing applications from August 4, 2019 – Until filled, at which point we hope to conclude our search.
*Job applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States. The Unification Church cannot help you get a work visa.