Portland is looking for a new Pastor
Portland, Oregon is looking for a new Pastor!
Job Title: Pastor
Job Location: Portland, Oregan
Job Type: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Convery God's word to the congregation (giving Sunday Service). Speak True Parents words.
- Oversee the spiritual well-being of the local church members. This may include education counseling, worship services, small group ministries, camps, develop educational material such as DP lectures and practice sessions, etc.
- Build, support and mentor Ministry Team to provide the best service to the community.
- Promote church growth: support development of Tribal Messiahship as a top priority.
- Encourage service to the local community
- Act as point of contact with the National Headquarters of the FFWPU.
- Prepare local church plans in partnership with the council.
- Oversee local church administration-hiring and oversight of church staff, church records, membership lists, etc.
- Participate as a member of the church council with the special position of spiritual advisor. The pastor has the privilege of casting a tie-breaking vote if necessary.
- Operate within the budget approved by the Church Council
- Administer pastoral functions such as those related to birth, membership, Il Shim, education, marriage blessing, and death.
- Provide leader for ACLC ministry, clergy outreach.
- Appoint department leader (UPF, WFWP, CARP, Second Generation organization, etc) supervise and report progress to church membership
- EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree
- UTS M.Div. degree is preferred.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3 years' experience as a ministry leader (paid or volunteer)
- Team-building and delegation skills, with the ability to work effectively in team environments.
- Ministerial/counseling skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Management experience, including personnel and financial.
- Experience and confidence in communicating effectively with diverse groups of people church members.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Online communication skills (e-mail, file, sharing, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
The salary as the pastor would be $1,200 a month, plus accommodations, room and having utility expenses covered, such as electric, water living expenses. Family expenses, such as food, gas, vehicle, insurance, cell phone, etc are not covered. Actual details can be worked out.
There is no moving expense covered.
There are also resume opportunities for growth in salary that can be discussed. Our hope is that the community strengthens this be reviewed annually and be increased.
Please submit a resume explaining your interest in the position and what you could offer to Portland. In addition, please submit two letters of recommendation. The application can be emailed to Terry Nishikawa at email@example.com
*Job applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States. The Unification Church cannot help you get a work visa.