WANGO Seeks Part-time Membership Director
The World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO) is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Membership Director.
WANGO is an international organization for NGOs whose mission is to strengthen and encourage the non-governmental sector as a whole, increase public understanding of the non-governmental community, and provide the mechanism and support needed for NGOs to connect, partner, and multiply their contributions to solve humanity’s basic problems.
Since its founding in 2000, WANGO has provided NGOs with innovative resources, from the Code of Ethics and Conduct for NGOs to the Worldwide NGO Directory, to help them accomplish their vital tasks. It has also pioneered several projects, among them, Play Soccer Make Peace! and the New Ngelepen, Indonesia Project with Emaar Properties, and, through its annual WANGO Awards, recognizes NGOs that demonstrate extraordinary innovation, leadership, and excellence in service to humanity.
Job Title: Membership Director
Job Location: Tarrytown, NY
Job Type: Part Time
The Membership Director will manage all aspects of WANGO’s membership program, and will report directly to the Chairman of WANGO. For the purposes of training, the Membership Director should be able to work out of WANGO’s office in Tarrytown, NY for three to four days a week over two weeks. After this initial training period, the work can be done remotely. This position is part-time, flexible, requiring about 10 to 15 hours each week.
- Organize and process new membership applications and membership renewals.
- Check and respond to emails pertaining to membership, and send notices and other communications from WANGO to members.
- Create and distribute the bi-annual member survey.
- Track membership and produce monthly membership reports.
- Update and maintain member records and membership materials.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-3 years professional experience
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with databases a plus
- Experience working for a nonprofit/NGO a plus
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “[position title]—[your name]” in the Subject line.
Application deadline: Monday, September 25, 2017 or until the position is filled.
For further information about the roles, please contact email@example.com.