WFWPI Director of Communications and Publications
Are you passionate about showcasing women working together for peace? Have experience in Communications and Publications? Women’s Federation for World Peace International is hiring a Director of Communications and Publications!
Job Title: WFWPI Director of Communications and Publications
Job Location: TBD
Job Type: Full Time
This full-time position will be part of WFWP, International (WFWPI) and the WFWPI Office for UN Relations in New York. This office was established in 1997 and is currently under the leadership of Mrs. Alexa Ward, International Vice President and Director of the WFWPI Office for UN Relations in NY. This office has a close working relationship with the WFWPI Headquarters in Korea and the WFWPI Director of the UN Relations Offices worldwide, Mrs. Carolyn Handschin. The WFWPI UN Relations Office in New York also maintains consistent communication and collaboration with organizations that are part of the American Unification movement.
The Director of Communications and Publications (DCP) will report to Alexa Ward and Grace Kellett, the Administrator. The Director of Communications and Publications (DCP) will primarily manage and develop WFWPI’s website, manage and develop WFWPI’s social media channels, and manage the production of the UN Newsletter and additional published material. Currently, the office is located in Bridgeport, CT, however, the location for this position is open for discussion and consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Layout and design skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Basic photo editing skills
- Proficient in Word and/or Google applications
- Mind to manage and plan, self-driven, forward-looking and creative
Desired Interests and Skills
- Graphic Design
- Experience in social media strategy
- Search Engine Optimization experience
- Experience in project management and/or editorial production
- Desktop publishing skills: Adobe InDesign or Microsoft Publisher
As a member of a team consisting of the Administrator of the WFWPI Office in New York, WFWPI leadership, and regional contributors, the DCP will manage and edit content for the WFWPI website, regular newsletters and social media strategy. The following are the areas of responsibility:
- Manage the website with Squarespace
- Develop Guidelines for WFWPI contributions expectations, publications content style, photo submission & media posts
- UN Newsletter Production
- Manage WFWPI Contributor Team
- Manage Design & Production of Additional Printed Materials
- Develop the following areas related to communications and publications:
- Develop Social Media Presence
- MailChimp email campaigns
- WFWPI Editorial Calendar
All interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Grace Kellett, Administrator of the WFWPI Office in New York, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2019.