WFWPI Director of Communications and Publications
Are you passionate about showcasing women working together for peace? Have experience in Communications and Publications? Women’s Federation for World Peace International is hiring a Director of Communications and Publications!
Job Title: WFWPI Director of Communications and Publications
Job Location: TBD
Job Type: Full Time
This full-time position will be part of WFWP, International (WFWPI) and the WFWPI Office for UN Relations in New York. This office was established in 1997 and is currently under the leadership of Mrs. Alexa Ward, International Vice President and Director of the WFWPI Office for UN Relations in NY. This office has a close working relationship with the WFWPI Headquarters in Korea and the WFWPI Director of the UN Relations Offices worldwide, Mrs. Carolyn Handschin. The WFWPI UN Relations Office in New York also maintains consistent communication and collaboration with organizations that are part of the American Unification movement.
The Director of Communications and Publications (DCP) will report to Alexa Ward and Grace Kellett, the Administrator. The Director of Communications and Publications (DCP) will primarily manage and develop WFWPI’s website, manage and develop WFWPI’s social media channels, and manage the production of the UN Newsletter and additional published material. Currently, the office is located in Bridgeport, CT, however, the location for this position is open for discussion and consideration.
SKILL & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience related to communications, publishing, digital platforms and/or project management/digital production
- Mind to manage and plan, self-driven, forward-looking and creative
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Word and/or Google applications
- Familiarity with social media platforms
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND INTREST
- Layout and design skills
- Digital Marketing experience
- Desktop publishing skills: Adobe InDesign or Microsoft Publisher
- Basic photo editing skills
- Experience in social media strategy strongly preferred
As a member of a small team the DCP will focus primarily on the following areas:
- Manage the WFWPI website and social media channels
- Manage a global editorial team to develop new content for WFWPI’s digital platforms
- Liaise with graphic designers and media teams to produce program books, banners, flyers and
other media content for 3-4 events each year
- Develop WFWPI’s presence on relevant digital media platforms (ex. social media campaigns,
developing a weekly email newsletter for subscribers, developing content that better targets
WFWPI’s audience etc.)
- Assist in managing the production of the biannual UN Newsletter
- Collaborate with the WFWPI team to develop new and exciting projects to promote WFWPI as an international organization!
All interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Grace Kellett, Administrator of the WFWPI Office in New York, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
*Job applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States. WFWPI cannot help you get a work visa.