Pyeong Hwa Gyeong Course Description
This course has been canceled. Please contact Mari at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
40 days – 32 speeches – pray, study, reflect and grow
Join Dr. Tyler Hendricks on a 40-day study of True Parents’ words in Pyeong Hwa Gyeong. The Pyeong Hwa Gyeong is an amazing compilation of True Parents’ public speeches, many translated into English for the first time. You will be amazed at what they declared to the world. It’s eye-opening internal guidance explained to first-time listeners on all levels of society.
Think through how True Parents addressed diverse audiences from Carnegie Hall to the Tokyo Dome, from United Nations to Yeouido Plaza. What was the core message? What was the call to action? What were the apologetics? Would it be good to have this in your tool-kit?
We will focus on Books 1, 2 and 6, addressing the following topics:
- A Comparative Study of True Father’s Lists
- Blessed Marriage and the Messianic Seed
- The Position of the Bride
- Key Teachings of True Mother (1992-2012)
What to expect
- 2 hours online each week, including Tyler’s talks and student talks, one from you.
- A workbook that will guide you through Pyeong Hwa Gyeong’s first two books—32 speeches
- Assignments that stimulate personal reflections on tough questions
- The opportunity to create a 40-day journal… “life is a journey; it’s worth a journal.” (Rick Warren)
- Online chats with Tyler and everyone
- You will need a computer with camera and mic and decent Internet service.
- You will have homework in weeks 1 – 4, and will have to give one 3-5 minute talk online.
- The syllabus, PDFs of Books 1 and 2, and course Workbook will be sent to you in the Welcome Package.
- The course begins the week of June 26.
- Choose your session: Tuesdays at 8 pm or Thursdays at 3 pm (EDT).
- The tuition is $165.00 plus a $25 registration fee; scholarships are available per a need basis.
- You can purchase a copy of the Pyeong Hwa Gyeong at HSA Books.