Budgeting Plan Guidelines
Suggested Budgeting Plan for HSA Property Purchase
– To be used to determine feasibility of taking on a new purchase.
Download printable budget plan here: Budgeting Plan for Property Purchase
- Study the Present state of your (local) Church:
- Number or Congregation members:
- Average Number of members participating on any given Sunday Service:
- The Average amount of offerings per month:
- How many events are currently organized per week?
- How large does the main hall need to be to facilitate your congregation comfortably
- Do you need auxiliary space such as Sunday school etc?
- How many parking spots do you need?
- Are the main facilities ADA accessible?
- Present state of the building to be purchased.
- Size of the building
- Estimate purchasing cost
- Estimate renovation cost
- Is there any rental income derived from this building?
- Detailed Budgeting plan for purchasing the building.
- Please provide a detailed yearly budgeting plan for your state or district showing if financial impact of this purchase.
- What percentage (or dollar amount) of your State or District budget will be reserved for property maintenance? This amount will be wired monthly to a separate designated account to prevent a buildup of deferred maintenance due to insufficient funds.
- Are there any Proceeds from the sale of a building?
- Oversight and maintaining value and maintenance standards at the building following the purchase
- Who will be in charge of the building and its use on a daily bases? This person will be the contact person with local authorities and HSA HQ Property management Department.
- Who is responsible for taking care of any maintenance issues of the building?